Site + Service Terms
1. Welcome to WedSites
We’re so happy to see you here and can’t wait to help you create amazing events.
- We deliver various Services on our digital platform to help couples easily self-manage their wedding planning and help wedding professionals manage multiple events… all in one place online, WedSites!
- This document sets out how we deliver our Site and Services to you (Terms).
We are looking forward to working with you
- WedSites, we, or us means Indigosoft Pty Ltd ACN 613 305 918 the Trustee for Indigo Trust trading as Wedding Websites ABN 55 714 015 461.
- You, or your means the people or businesses who buy Services from us (Clients and WedSites Friends) and also includes Visitors to our Site.
About these terms
2. These terms are our house rules
These Site + Service Terms are our ‘house rules’ and they apply when you visit our Sites which includes our website, wedsites.com, or when you buy Services from us.
- These Terms apply to everyone who uses our Sites or buy our Services, so we’ve tried to make them easy to understand and fair.
- If you don’t agree to our Terms, that’s okay, but you must stop accessing our Sites and Services.
Our agreement with you (aka our vows!)
3. How these terms create an agreement with you
Our agreement with you is made up of different parts
Our agreement with you is set out in:
- Service specific terms (set out in our Site or agreed separately with you in writing),
- DIY Couples: Terms for DIY planners
- Wedding Professionals: Business terms for professional planners
- WedSites Friends: Terms for businesses listing in our Directory and/or in our Affiliate team
- these Terms, and
Together, these make up our agreement with you about how we will work together (Agreement).
- If the different parts of this Agreement conflict with each other, the document listed higher in the above list takes priority to the extent of any conflict.
What’s included with our Services?
We use reasonable care and skill to provide you our Site and our Services.
- Site Services (for our DIY Couples and Wedding Professionals)
- Community Services (for our WedSites Friends)
4. Getting registered for our Site
To access some Site features and Services, you need to register and give us some information.
- When you submit your Registration Data and other information to us, you promise us that all information you give us is true, accurate and up to date, and that you will keep it that way.
- If you’re under 18, you may not create an account.
5. Activate your account
Pay, register, and then… you’re invited!
- When you pay and register for an account with us, we’ll send you an invitation code to your confirmed email address.
- When you RSVP to our invitation code, you will get access to our Site and the relevant features and functions in your selected Plan.
6. Keep your Site access details secure.
Keep your password and Site access details secure
- You’re responsible for all activity on your Site account, whether it is you or someone else.
- You must promptly let us know if you suspect or know someone has used your account or breached security of our Site
We’ll act to protect our Site
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to our Site, including if:
- we suspect you are misusing our Services, Content, or Site in any way, or
- materially breach these Terms and that breach cannot be fixed, or
- you are no longer an active user of our Site.
Price and payment
7. Paying for Services
You must pay the Fees for Services you buy from us.
Paying for Services
We offer different plans on our Site with different levels of features and functions for you to choose from.
You can think of it like a tiered wedding cake with different levels and dietary requirements!
Plan tiers, discount offers, sponsored memberships, scholarships
From time to time, we may introduce new Site features or add perks to different types of Plans and make various offers available for discounted Services. We'll set the details out on our Site.
Changing our Fees
We might increase our Fees from time to time. If we increase our Fees, we'll give you at least 30 days' notice.
Plan inclusions and Site features
We set out some of the Services and features we offer on our Site.
- These features may change from time to time based on various factors, including feedback from our clients and partners, availability from our Suppliers, and our current business strategy.
- We can add and change Plan inclusions and Site features at any time.
- We’ll aim to give you notice via email or on our Site if we change our Site or Services in a way that would negatively impact our Clients.
- We can remove content from our Site at any time, for any reason
**For example,* we might update information we’ve added that we later find out is incorrect or we might remove information from a Site Listing that is inaccurate or misleading*
8. Client specific terms
Some of the below terms will only apply to you if you buy a specific Plan or are a specific type of Client, such as a Wedding Professional business client buying our Services for resale.
DIY Couples (WedSites standard plans)
DIY Couples pay a once once-off Fee for the Plan you select.
- You get access to the features in your selected Plan for up to 24 months.
- Includes access to 1 WedSite Dashboard
- You can upgrade your account later by paying the difference.
- If you want access to your WedSite after 24 months, you’ll need to pay the monthly fee (see our Site for current fees).
- We may offer a Guarantee Period.
Changing our Fees
We might increase our Fees from time to time. The new Fees will take affect from when we update the Fees on our Site, but it won’t impact DIY Couples who have already purchased a Plan.
Wedding Professionals (WedSites for Business)
Wedding Professionals pay an annual Fee for the WedSites for Business you select.
- You get access to the features in your selected Plan for up to 12 months
You'll receive access to a number of WedSite Dashboards in line with you Plan inclusions
- You can use each WedSite Dashboard allocated to you for 1 event at a time
- You cannot clear and re-use a WedSite Dashboard for multiple events For example, if your selected Plan offers up to 10 WedSite Dashboards each year, and you have already planned 10 events, you can upgrade to the next Plan tier and pay the difference.
You can upgrade your account later by paying the difference.
At the end of your Plan period, your Plan automatically renews for the same period using the same payment method.
- We’ll let you know the Plan is renewing
We may offer a Guarantee Period trial.
Cancelling your WedSites for Business Plan
If you want to end your Plan, please let us know at least 7 days before it's due to renew.
If you cancel your Plan, you can continue to access our Site and Services until the end of your current Plan period.
Your terms with your customers
Wedding Professionals are fully responsible for your customers’ use of the Site.
We recommend you have adequate terms and conditions in place with your customers to cover use of the Site and management of personal information.
During the Guarantee period
We’re very proud of our Site and Services, however we know technology isn’t for everyone. So for some Clients, we might offer a chance to try our Site on for size.
- If we offer a guarantee for the Service you selected, the details will be set out on our Site.
- If things aren’t working out and we can’t resolve your issue, we’re happy to give you a full refund during the promised Guarantee Period for the Plan or Services you purchased. **For example, if you are a DIY Planner and your selected Plan comes with a 14 day money back guarantee, then you can cancel your Plan within 14 days from when you bought the Plan. We’ll refund your purchase price.
After the Guarantee Period
- After the Guarantee Period ends, you aren't generally entitled to a refund unless we materially fail to supply the Services in line with the vows we made in our agreement with you.
- If we give you access to our Site, our Services, our digital downloads or other Content, unless we’ve completely underdelivered on what we promised, you generally aren’t entitled to a refund.
- We may decide to refund part of the Fees you've paid in some instances, less the costs for Services already delivered and our reasonable administrative costs.
- If a refund is required by law, we’ll provide that refund. In other situations, we may choose to refund Fees at our discretion. Please see the Resolving issues section for more details.
Using our Site
10. Accessing and using our Site
We lovingly and carefully create our Site
- We let you use our Site and Services as set out in these Terms and your selected Plan.
- We’re happy for you to use our Site but only if you use them with our permission as set out in these Terms.
- Any other uses are not allowed unless we first give you permission in writing.
Be aware when you share
If you use our Site to contact people in your guest list, such as… - To send announcements (such as invitations and ‘save the dates’) and - To share your wedding website …then you are giving that person access to your wedding website and all the information you’ve added there.
Make sure you trust your Guests will use the Site appropriately – you are responsible for the actions of your guests.
Be sensible and careful when you use the Site
- Content and information on our Site is for general information only. It’s not intended as professional tailored advice. You must make your own assessment about what suits your circumstances.
- We don’t make any promises about the reliability, accuracy or completeness of Content on our Site. Content might be out of date or incomplete.
- We do not promise our Site complies with any laws outside Australia. If you access our Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for following the laws that apply where you access our Site.
Security and our systems
We have systems and processes to store and manage information, but in general the internet and our Sites may not be 100% secure.
Site is not for children
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 13.
11. We don’t tolerate bad manners on our Site
No wedding crashers!
We love legit wedding spam (if you want to share 30 pics of different cake options, we are here for you!). However, we will escort you out of our party (i.e. we’ll limit or remove your access to our Site) if you try and use our Site or Services to send spam or unwanted commercial messages, to harass people, or to do other dodgy deeds.
- Engaging in this kind of poor behaviour may result in us removing your access to our Site and Content without notice and/or reporting you to relevant authorities if we think it’s reasonably necessary.
We’re here for weddings
- Our Site is intended for event planning purposes and it’s important to us that our Clients can all access our Services and Site features.
- This means if you are using our Site in a way that limits our other Clients ability to enjoy our Services, then we might need to suspend or limit your access whilst we investigate the issue. As a general rule, legit use of our Site for its intended purpose within your Plan features won’t raise any issues.
- When you use our Site, Services, and Content, you must not do (or try to do) anything unlawful or things which we reasonably think are inappropriate or might damage our reputation.
- You must not tamper with or modify our Site, or knowingly send viruses or other disabling features, such as using trojan horses or programming routines that may damage or interfere with our Site.
12. Business users
Wedding Professionals, WedSite Friends, and other business use of our Site - When you use our Site and Content, you must not do resell or commercially exploit our Site, Services, or Content in a way that breaches these Terms or your set Plan inclusions - If we reasonably consider that you or your end users are using our Site in a way that is excessive or unreasonable, or in a way that indicates to us you might need to make use of our Enterprise offerings, we might need to suspend or limit your access whilst we investigate the issue. **For example, if we believe you are re-using WedSite Dashboards outside of your selected Plan inclusions, we may require you to upgrade to the next Plan tier and pay the difference.
13. Competitors: we’re flattered you stopped by, but this Site isn’t for you
You must not use our Site, Services, or Content in a way that competes with our business or breaches our IP rights.
- If you want to collaborate with us, would like to license or repurpose our Content for your own use or to use with your own clients, let’s talk (we love working with wonderful people!).
14. Our Site has affiliate links
We may recommend products and services we love (and earn commission) - Some of the links on our Site are affiliate links which means we may receive a small commission if you purchase a product or services using one of these links. - We’ll also put the following notes onto our Site and Content where relevant: **Heads up!* Some links in this article are affiliate links. This means if you decide to buy via these links, we might get a small payment. Thank you for supporting us and our wonderful partners!* **Hashtags:* #sponsored #affiliate* - We only recommend products and services that we believe in and can wholeheartedly vouch for and be of value to you.
15. WedSites directory and apps
We love helping create amazing weddings!
What can we say, we love weddings! And this means we’ve gotten to know lots of people in the events and wedding industry.
Working with vendors in our WedSites Directory
- If you use our Site Listing services and directories on our Site, it’s up to you to assess whether that vendor has the skills and expertise to suit your needs.
- If you have an issue with a vendor in the Directory, it is best to work with them to resolve it in the first instance.
- We are not responsible for any issues that arise from your use of a vendor in the Directory.
- However, we do like to maintain a high-quality directory, so please let us know if you think a Vendor is not providing acceptable service quality.
Directory vendors are responsible for their own business
- If you are accepted to be part of our Directory, you agree you're responsible for managing and providing information to potential customers.
- We are not responsible for any issues that arise from your work with WedSites Clients or visitors. If you have an issue, it is best to work with your customers to resolve it in the first instance. See our *WedSites Friends section** of these Terms for details on Directory listings as a Vendor.*
16. We love weddings and cross promotion
We offer several promotional options for our WedSite Friends. In addition to more bespoke influencer and promotional opportunities, we are excited to team up with selected aligned businesses as:
- Vendors in our Site Listing Services including a Directory of wedding professionals and offers in our Apps section, both on our Site
- Affiliates in our Affiliate Program, through our affiliate program support partner.
17. Site Listing Services
- We offer listing services for our Site, including our Directory and our Apps pages.
- The inclusions and Fees for various Site Listing options are set out on the Wedsites Friends section of our Site.
- Wedsites Friends section of our Site:
- Site Directory: wedsites.com/vendors
- Partner Offers: In your dashboard
The process for Site Listings
The process for getting your listing live on our Site is generally:
- You need to pay the relevant Fee
- You need to fill out the relevant Registration Data and provide images.
- We may review your listing from time to time and may ask you to make changes.
- As a reminder and in line other Terms in this agreement, the information you submit to us must be accurate and up to date.
- We may remove your Site Listing if it is false or misleading, or you are otherwise in breach of these Terms.
- Once your Fee payment is cleared and your Registration Data confirmed, we’ll create your initial Site Listing business profile within 2 business days for your review.
- As long as you remain a positive community member and stick to the Terms of our agreement with you, your Site Listing remains active for period in your selected Site Listing Plan.
18. Our affiliate program
Visit our affiliate section of our Site for further details on our program for affiliates.
- Affiliate section of our Site: wedsites.com/affiliates
- On this affiliate section, we set out information around the rate of commission we pay to approved affiliates for each verified sale.
- Our affiliate program support partners may ask you to agree to further terms
- Current affiliate program support partner terms:
Content and information
19 . Protecting personal information
20. Protecting Confidential Information
We both agree Confidential Information is commercially sensitive and valuable, so that unauthorised disclosure or use of the other’s Confidential Information could cause significant damage.
- Confidential Information can only be used for the purposes set out in these Terms (i.e. the purpose of buying, supplying, or marketing our Services).
- Neither of us can use or disclose the other’s Confidential Information for a purpose not allowed under the Terms without express written consent from the other.
21. Ownership of Intellectual Property (IP)
You own your materials
You keep all intellectual property rights that you already held over your materials before you submitted, posted or displayed it on our Site.
- You grant us a limited license over your materials so we can supply our Services to you.
- This limited license is a royalty-free, irrevocable, and worldwide license (for as long as your materials are stored with us) to use your materials, including to display, communicate to the public, change (including for technical reasons), reproduce, and distribute your materials.
- We might need to remove or delete your materials if we need to for reasonable technical, storage, or legal reasons. For example, if you upload photos or other materials that break the law or we receive a serious complaint about, then we may need to remove those materials from your wedding site on our Site.
As part of the Services we supply, we may include access to some of our own Content.
- We own all Intellectual Property rights in our Content or have the legal license to use it.
- We don’t guarantee a specific type of Content will be available for a set length of time and some Content is only available on a limited or single-use basis.
Your obligations when using our Content
We own all Intellectual Property rights in our Content. We grant you a limited license to use our Intellectual Property in our Content to the extent needed for you to use a Service you buy from us.
- Unless we give you permission, you must not copy or create derivative, imitative works of our Content or sell or claim ownership to our Content. For example, you can access and customise invitations using our templates for your own personal use or in line with your Pro Plan, but you cannot copy the template and claim you made it or attempt to re-sell the template as your own work.
- In addition to being annoyed with you, if you misuse our Content, we may take action to protect our rights without further notice to you.
If you have questions or want permission to use Content for commercial purposes, please contact us.
22. Testimonials + content you give to us
If you give feedback in a public forum, you give us permission to use that content and related personal information publicly.
For example, we may take a screenshot of a positive Google review or Instagram story and use that material to promote WedSites. - If you send private feedback, you give us permission to use that content anonymously on our Sites. We won’t attach private feedback to you by name without getting your permission first. - If you give permission and later change your mind, let us know and we’ll make reasonable efforts to remove it.
Results and expectations
23. Results from our Services
Your results depend on many different factors
We cannot and do not guarantee particular event or business outcomes for buying our Services or using our Site.
We can’t promise your RSVPs will be returned on time or that there will be silence during the ceremony. We can’t promise you a happily ever after or blue skies on the day. We can’t promise our Site or Services will iron out every wrinkle for every event.
The success of each event depends on many different factors including: - Your level of skill with technology, your event ideas, the vendors available in your area, - Your ability and willingness to follow and implement tools and features of the Site, - Resources, systems, and helpers you have available, and other factors.
24. We use reasonable care + skill
We use reasonable care and skill to deliver Services to you, however you agree that:
- We cannot and do not promise our Services or Site will be continuously available or fault free;
- If things outside our reasonable control impact on our ability to supply the Site or services, you agree we are not responsible for impacts on you as a result; and
- Our Site and Services and related content are provided in good faith, and you are responsible for your use of our Services and Site. For example, we try to keep updates to times that won’t impact our Clients, however if our Site needs maintenance and this means you can’t access certain features so your announcement is delayed, we’re not responsible for that outcome.
- You understand that changes in trends, supplier information, vendor availability, back end systems, innovation by other providers, strategic developments in your chosen market and other factors might mean our Services need to change or our Site is not as impactful as intended, despite our best efforts.
25. Resolving disputes
- If a dispute crops up under these Terms, we both agree to act reasonably to resolve it.
- If you are a consumer or a small business, you may have specific rights when you buy our Services (see accc.gov.au), and these Terms do not replace legal rights you have under law
We both must act reasonably to resolve issues
If there is an issue that comes up under our agreement with you, we both agree to act reasonably to resolve it.
Let us know if you have an issue
If you have an issue, contact us via [email protected] with the following info so we can help you:
- Your name and email address;
- Details of the issue (e.g., about the issue, when it started, what you tried to resolve it so far, etc.);
- How we can help you resolve the issue; and
- Relevant information (such as screenshots of the issue or copies of relevant documents).
We'll confirm we received your complaint within 5 business days and work to investigate and resolve your complaint within 14 days. If we can't resolve your issue with you in that timeframe, we will be in touch to set out some proposed next steps.
Things outside our reasonable control
Neither you or we are liable to the other for a delay or failure to perform obligations in this Agreement caused by circumstances outside of reasonable control, other than the payment of money.
26. Splitsville: Ending our relationship
If you want to end your relationship with us
You can stop using our Site at any time. We’ll be sad to see you go, but we hope to still be friends on Instagram.
- If you have a minimum commitment Plan with us, you can still access your Plan features until the end of that minimum commitment term. For example, our Wedding Professional clients who select a 12 month Plan can cancel at any time and will still have Site access for the 12 months from their sign up date.
If we need to end our relationship with you
Whilst we’re hoping for a happily ever after, we need to keep our business model flexible to respond to changing needs of our wonderful clients and community.
- We can end this agreement with you and stop providing the Services on reasonable notice of at least 30 days' notice.
When can we suspend or end a Service or this agreement?
We’ll try to work things out with you first if possible. We reserve the right to suspend your access to our Site and Services, and / or terminate our agreement with you at once if:
- You do not pay us undisputed Fees when they are due; or
- You are in breach of these Terms and / or our policies (such as our directory and vendor guidelines) and either:
- you cannot fix that breach, or
- you do not fix the breach after we give you a reasonable time to fix the breach, or
- We reasonably consider mutual trust and confidence no longer exist in our relationship with you, or your behaviour has damaged or is likely to damage our reputation.
Actions after termination or suspension
If we end or suspend our Agreement with you because of your behaviour or breach of the Terms:
- you must still pay for Site access and Services received up until the Agreement ends.
- you are generally not entitled to a refund for the Fees. We may decide to refund a portion of Fees paid, less reasonable costs we’ve incurred to onboard you into our systems, for Services we’ve delivered and our administrative costs; and
- you are no longer allowed to access our Site, use Content included with our Services, or claim to be affiliated with us in any way.
27. Paying for losses and limiting liability
Consumers have specific rights when they buy our Services (see accc.gov.au), and these Terms do not replace legal rights you have under law.
Paying us if you cause us loss
To the extent allowed by law, you must pay us for costs we incur caused or contributed to by:
- inaccurate or misleading info you give us,
- your breach of applicable laws or regulations, or
- your use or misuse of Services or our Content.
For example, if you misuse our Services or features for a purpose outside your Plan inclusions and we receive complaints or are required to investigate, we can ask you to pay for our costs.
Limiting our liability to you
- To the extent allowed by relevant laws that apply to these Terms, we exclude all liability for claims by you or a third party for all forms of loss or damage, including loss or inaccuracy of data or loss of business profits or revenue or any form of emotional distress.
- Unless we cause you loss with our negligence or wilful misconduct, we’re not responsible for loss caused by your use of our Site or Services (or inability to access Site or Services).
- If we can’t exclude our liability, we limit our liability to re-supplying the relevant Service to you or, if applicable, paying to you the cost of re-supplying the relevant Services.
Changes to these Terms
From time to time, we may change these Terms, so check them when you visit to make sure you’re still happy with them!
- Our Site will change often and sometimes we might make changes without notice to you.
- We do not promise to keep our Site updated, so we’re not responsible if Content or information is inaccurate or out-of-date.
Changes to our Plans and Services
Sometimes we might update pricing or descriptions of our Services or Plans.
- We might need to refuse or cancel your online orders if our Site information or Services are incorrect. We try to do this within a reasonable time of realising the error.
29. General agreement details
Transferring this agreement and using subcontractors
Unless we give you permission, you cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement. This is because the Services and Site are personal to you. We may assign, subcontract, or transfer some or all our rights or obligations in this agreement without notice to you.
Some rights and obligations under our agreement with you remain in force after these Terms expire or end. These include the rights and obligations under the following sections: Paying for Services, Ownership of Intellectual Property (IP), Our Content, Paying for losses + limiting liability, Actions after termination or suspension.
Other general details
- Invalid parts severed: If a court of law decides one or more parts of our Agreement with you is invalid, only those parts are severed from the Agreement and other parts remain in full force and effect.
- No waiver: Delay or failure to exercise rights or a partial exercise of rights is not a waiver of those rights.
- Force Majeure: Neither party is liable for performance delays or for non-performance due to causes beyond its reasonable control, except for payment obligations.
- Full agreement: This agreement outlines the full agreement between us for the Services we supply you.
- Governing law: This Agreement is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia, and the parties agree to submit to that jurisdiction.
Capitalised words have the following meanings
- Client means either DIY Couple, Wedding Professional, WedSites Friend, or other customer of WedSites.
- Confidential Information includes all material, IP, non-public, business-related information disclosed or made available to the receiving party through any means, relating to a party’s business but excludes information that, without breaching this agreement, is already public or known to the receiving party.
- Content means all tools we create, develop, or use to supply you our Site and Services, which might include one or more of the following: access to videos, written information, audio, lessons, digital products, classes, workshops, training plans, feedback, advice, programs, content on our Site, digital products, eBooks, and / or webinars. WedSites always retains ownership of all our Content.
- DIY Couple means one or two individuals that buy a Plan for their own use to plan a wedding.
- Fees means the charges you pay to us for the Services we provide, as set out in a Plan or as otherwise agreed with you.
- Guarantee Period means the period during which you can cancel a Service with us and we will refund your purchase price. The period starts from when you purchase a Service and the length is set out on our Site when you buy the relevant Service.
- Guest means any person who is invited by a Client (or in the case of Wedding Professionals, by your own customers) to access a wedding website.
- Intellectual Property (IP) means any and all of the following in any jurisdiction throughout the world: software, trademarks and service marks, including all applications and registrations, and goodwill connected with the use of them, patents, copyrights, Site, and internet domain names, including all related applications and registrations, trade secrets and confidential know-how, other intellectual property and related proprietary rights, interests, and protections. Our Content forms part of WedSites Intellectual Property.
- Plan means the bundle of Services including Site features, support levels, and other inclusion that we agree to provide you for the stated Fees for a certain amount of time, as set out on our Site.
- Registration Data means information provided by you in order to register to access certain sections of our Site or for a Site listing, including but not limited to name, date, location, contact details, images, business information, and more.
- Services means, depending on your selected Plan, creating and maintaining the Site, a wedding website with free hosting, access to our templates, optional password protection, wedding site Guest visitor analytics, ability to link to other websites such as gift registries, various levels of support, RSVP management, paperless invitations, self-help videos, webinars, courses, digital save the dates, and other various wedding planning products and services offered by us from time to time.
- Site includes our website wedsites.com, various sections of our website that require paid Fees to access, and our presence on third-party applications such as Podia and social media platforms like Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Site Listing means the potential opportunity for promotion and exposure of business details of a WedSites Friend business included in our Site business directory or on our apps page.
- Visitor means a person accessing our Site.
- WedSites Friend means a business Client who enters into an agreement with us to be our affiliate partner and promote our Site and Services or to have a Site Listing.
- Wedding Professional means a business Client who buys a WedSites for Business Plan for the purpose of organising their own customers’ weddings.
31. Contact us for more information or to collaborate
If you have any questions, suggestions, or just want to chat, please feel free to get in touch!
Last updated: November 2021