Danielle Robinson Hair & Makeup AtelierBrisbane, Australia
Since 2005, I have been blessed to indulge my passion for makeup, beauty & fashion as professional, listening to and serving my clients, whether for advertising and commercial projects, gorgeous brides-to-be, or clients of all ages that seek me for my wisdom and knowledge as a beauty coach. During that time I've won multiple awards, including 2019 Queensland Finalist for Australian Makeup Artist of the Year, ranking me in the top 10 of high fashion & editorial makeup artists in the country. My work has been published domestically & internationally and has also been featured in local and overseas advertising campaigns.
Whether you are one of my beautiful brides-to-be, a client having a makeover for a special event, a fellow creative, DOP, photographer or film producer, I have an easy-going collaborative style that is known throughout the industry.
After almost two decades working in the modelling, creative media and fashion industries in the fields of bridal, editorial & commercial, education, artist management and all forms of creative media artistry, I know how to truly listen to my clients and bring my skills, knowledge and expertise to every platform, ensuring delivery of the highest quality service and care every time. This is why it’s not just my artistry that my clients seek, but also my calm and gentle nature, my knowledge of how to help manage anything from wedding days to runway shows, and how I connect with my clients at a personal level.
Among my awards, I have previously won the ABIA Queensland Makeup Artist of the Year award in 2008 & 2009 and the ABIA Designer of Dreams Award in 2010, being voted in the top 5 of Australia's Bridal Makeup Artists. I am also one of Tamblyn Modelling Academy’s hair, makeup & styling trainers for both their model and personal development programs.
My work has been published in:
PUMP LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE (two covers); PICTON MAGAZINE (two covers); SHUBA MAGAZINE (two covers); ELOQUE MAGAZINE; PROMO MAGAZINE; POZA MAGAZINE (two covers); VOLANTE MAGAZINE (one cover); ELEGANT MAGAZINE (twice); SALYSE MAGAZINE (one cover); HORIZONT MAGAZINE (two covers); MORDANT MAGAZINE (twice); FADDY MAGAZINE; DISCERNING BRIDE MAGAZINE
and has featured in advertising campaigns & collaborations for:
GENKSTASY; I FOUND LUCY; WEARABLE ART BY ILANI CREATIVE; ERIKA GRAY WEARABLES; DARB BRIDAL; GEORGE WU COUTURE; ISABELLA CHARLES; HILDE HEIM COUTURE; KELLY QUALTROUGH - McGRATH REALTY; YOGA HOUSE MUMBAI; ELKA SWIM; HIGH ROLLER ENERGY DRINK; SUGAR & SPICE BRIDAL; BODY GLOVE BODY BOARDS
In 2019 I was given the honour of being invited to be the Creative Director of Hair & Makeup for the One Fine Day Collective Couture Bridal Show, designing and creating unique bridal looks for George Wu Atelier; Darb Bridal Couture, Paddington Weddings and other leading Brisbane designer bridal houses.
I constantly stay ahead of trends and update my skills with regular training. Originally trained by Napoleon Perdis, I've also taught the unit of Bridal and Glamour Makeup at the EYE FX Makeup Academy and have undergone Masterclasses with:
NAPOLEON PERDIS; RAE MORRIS; LORNA EVANS; DALE DORNING; EVA BERGSTROM; BRAD NGATA
As a Beauty Coach, I love to listen to my clients needs to assess their concerns with their skin and changing makeup needs, as well as their budgets and their own sense of style. When working with my clients, especially my younger women to help instruct them in grooming and style, it’s important to spend time getting to know their personalities and natures, so my clients learn how to develop their own signature style and encompass elements that feel true, but still achieve a polished and confident completed image.
I also hold a Diploma of Theology and in my spare time, my priority is my family - my husband of 26 years, two adult children and teenage daughter. My other passions are fashion, renovating & decorating the family Queenslander in beautiful Dayboro, reading, music and art.
What we do
- Health & beauty
- Hair & makeup
- Will you come to me on the day?
- Absolutely! So far, we have travelled to as far as the Barossa Valley in South Australia to take care of our beautiful brides.
- What makeup products do you use?
- As a luxury Atelier we use only the finest luxury and professional products and Danielle is a registered Charlotte Tilbury professional artist.
- Where will my trial be?
- Trials are held in our private Studio in Dayboro village and you are welcome to bring up to two guests for support and feedback. Each hair & makeup trial takes a full three hours and if you would prefer us to travel to you for your trial, we are more than happy to do so for an additional fee.
- What if I don't want or can't afford to pay for a trial?
- Many of our destination or busy professional brides can't schedule a trial so we are more than happy to arrive a half hour earlier on the day and schedule as many Skype or Zoom meetings as necessary to support you through designing your look. We also offer half hour Bubbles with Brides in-Studio appointments where we can sit with you over a glass of french champagne & canapes, and plan your wedding hair & makeup ahead of time.
- How many weddings have you done?
- Danielle has done well over 500 weddings and her team of stylists have all either closely reached that number or have exeeded at least 100 weddings.
- Do you book multiple weddings a day?
- Never, ever. We have a strictly one wedding per day policy so that we never begin anyone's hair & makeup too early (or too late) and never leave you unfinished to rush off to another wedding.