Jack Henry PhotographySydney, Australia
Photographer Jack Henry grew up in Freshwater, a quiet surf town in the heart of Sydney's Northern Beaches. While it wasn’t till a much later age that he started exploring photography, his creativity was evident from an early age and persisted through teenage years in the form of traditional arts. Jack first picked up a camera while studying a Degree in Computer Science at RMIT, and what began as a creative outlet, soon became an all-out obsession. It wasn't long before he was working full-time as a Fashion Photographer and travelling all over the world.
While Jack's fashion career had him shooting for brands including Marc Jacobs, Underarmour, Swarovski, Vogue, Grazia, GHD, Alice McCall & more; it wasn't long before he discovered his real passion lay in capturing weddings.
The beautiful locations, everyone dressed up and dancing the night away with friends and family. Being creative in that environment is his passion and it shows in the quality of his work. The unique style Jacks developed is informed by his background in Classical Drawing and Oil Painting.
As a self-taught Photographer, he wasn't trained to think with a modern photographers mindset and his inspiration comes from the master artists of history like Rembrandt, Vermeer and Raphael. His mission is that the colours and composition of his images remind you of classical paintings rather than those of a digital photograph.
What we do
- Wedding photographer
- HOW MUCH ARE YOUR PACKAGES?
- Our packages for Weddings start at $3,500. Visit the Enquiry page for my full pricing details.
- WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE HAVING YOU PHOTOGRAPH OUR WEDDING?
- For me its all about documenting natural moments and avoiding awkward posey-ness. For the majority of the day, I’d like you to not even realize I am there, capturing everything from the sidelines allowing you to enjoy the party you’ve spent a year planning! I don’t want to just capture the day as it is, I want to capture how it feels, the “outtakes’ and all the beautiful unscripted moments you won’t have noticed as it happened. When we do step in to offer guidance during the Couple Session, it’s more about cues for natural interaction, to make you feel comfortable and create authentic moments that don’t come across as fake or awkward. To hear what my past couples have said about their experience. Visit the “Testimonial” page.
- WE ARE AWKWARD INFRONT OF THE CAMERA. IS THAT OK?
- Totally! It’s super normal. I get this almost every wedding, even from the majority of the couples featured on my Website and Instagram that might seem like naturals in front of the camera. One of the compliments I get most from couples is my ability to make them feel relaxed, break down the awkwardness barrier of getting photographed and draw out their genuine selves. I’m not about over-posing and so being a pro model wouldn’t help anyway, as long as you are open, honest and in love – we will get some awesome photos.
- MY WEDDING ISN’T IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA. WILL YOU TRAVEL AND WHAT ARE THE ASSOCIATED COSTS?
- One of my favorite parts of my job is being able to travel and nowhere is off-limits. In the past, we’ve photographed weddings in New Zealand, England, Fiji, Bali, USA, Italy, France, and Ireland, to name a few. There are no additional fees for travel for any Wedding within a 2Hr Drive of Sydney. For longer drives, interstate and international bookings, there are fixed rates which are on my Full Pricing Guide which is available on request via the ‘Enquiry’ Page.
- HOW LONG WILL WE SPEND GETTING COUPLE IMAGES ON THE DAY?
- The real answer is, it’s totally up to you. It depends on your priorities as a couple and how you want to spend the time on your wedding day. Some couples don’t want to miss out on too much of the party and want an express photo session of around 30 minutes long. Other couples would rather more alone time away from the crowds or just want to nail the shots with varying locations, so we can spend over 1.5hrs. The majority of couples end up somewhere in the middle, around 45 min – 1 Hour and during our initial chats, we will learn what’s important to you, give you advice on your timeline and how the Couple session might fit in best to your day.
- WE’D LOVE TO MEET BEFORE WE BOOK IF WE CAN?
- That would be great! If possible, I always try to meet in person before accepting a booking. The meeting allows us to get to know each other a bit before the day and make sure we are a good fit. Coffees on me!